Conjunto histórico de Tui


Located in the old hospital for the poor and pilgrims, built in 1756. Here the pilgrims to Compostela were entitled to spend the night three nights, on the ground floor is the granary or city market. It stands inside its beautiful central patio and the rich collections of religious art of the diocese and archeology of the city (among them the "Celtic" helmet Caldelas).


Copy only the Portuguese Baroque in Galicia, built over the house where he died this Dominican saint in the thirteenth century. Begun in 1769 but not completed until 1803. Highlights its circular plan, its ribbed dome fresh or early nineteenth.


On the ancient episcopal palaces Oliveira is built between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries the present convent. The church, from the late seventeenth, it corresponds to classical patterns, is integrated into the convent complex noted for its large proportions and constructive solidity.


He was originally part of the Franciscan convent of San Antonio, conducted between 1682 and 1728, with an outstanding Baroque altarpiece from the first half of the XVIII.

The former convent is now the diocesan Minor Seminary, since 1850, with two cloisters, one baroque and open.


His church is built in, characteristic of the early stages of this mendicant order Gothic style and is equipped with two magnificent Baroque altarpieces, both of the eighteenth century. The eldest, redondelano work of artist Antonio del Villar, known for its grandeur, in the south transept the altarpiece of the Virgen del Rosario has, at its top, a curious representation of the Battle of Lepanto. This church and convent -of few remains are preserved was arquitectónicos- the pantheon of the nobility tudense: Soutomaiores, Correas, Ozores, etc.


Dobre raised Roman and Swabians preceding this church dates from the eleventh century, with its basilica plan, highlighting its storied capitals primitivism rough. In the chancel a punturas magnificent murals of the sixteenth century are preserved. This former monastery was bishopric in the early medieval times.


Tudense city preserves remains of two walls built for defense. A corresponds to medieval times, built in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, was a large irregular enclosure with several defensive towers. Retain their old hits da Porta Pia, with its shutters still visible and the base of the tower and various sections of it. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, during the wars with Portugal a new, larger walled system, whose main remains the can, see today from the riverside promenade were built.